Petals Makeup & Skin Care Menu - We enhance your natural beauty through makeup and skin care.
RSS

Recent Posts

You Are Beautiful
Sun Tanning and Sunscreens
New Services and New Products
Skin Care Products
SPECIAL FOR AUGUST AND SEPTEMBER

Categories

Beauty
PowerDerm Microdermabrasion
skin care
powered by

My Blog

Skin Care Products

After I do a fantastic treatment on my client's skin, she loves how she looks.
And she will ask, "How long can I keep my face looking like this?"
I tell her "It depends on what you do at home.  Do you cleanse twice a day?  Do you moisturize properly?  Do you  wear sunscreen daily?  Do you use the right products?"
The she will ask me what I recommend for her to use at home.  And, immediately she follows that with "What can I buy at the grocery/drug store?"
I tell her that most products out there made for the skin are not harmful to the skin.  But, does she really know what she's getting when she purchases a product at a drug store or a grocery store?  There are so many brands of products.  Which one is best for her skin?  Most of the "over the counter" products are 70 to 80% water.  So, she is not getting the most out of that product and she ends up using more of that product with each application than a professional product.  Also, if she doesn't like it, it will sit on her bathroom counter or shelf.
A professional product line is the best way to go for many reasons.  One of the reasons is you will have a professional recommend it for you and that professional will stand behind that product.  If the product isn't working the way you want it to, the professional will find out why and recommend another for you.
The other reason is because it's a professional product, it is more concentrated and will last longer.  Usually, you only need to use a nickle to a dime size of the product.
I had a client tell me that she didn't like MAC's eye shadows.   Now, personally, I think MAC is an amazing makeup line.  I asked her why she didn't like MAC.  She told me that it was too dark and heavy for her.  So I asked her what eye shadows had she used before.  She told me a product from a drug store.  There was the problem.
She was used to using a lot of product to get the results that she wanted.  And so when she applied MAC, which is very concentrated in pigment, it was too much for her.  And, I explained that to her.  A little goes a long way!!!  And that is the way a product should be.
And, a professional makeup artist or esthetician should always stand behind his or her products.  If a client isn't happy with the product, always ask questions.  Make sure the client is using it properly.  And, ask what results the client is looking for.  And remember that it is always about the client...
The idea is to make her look and feel her best!!!

12 Comments to Skin Care Products:

Comments RSS
australian skin products on Friday, September 05, 2014 4:28 AM
When it comes to African American skin care and others with darker complexions however, there are a few skin care problems that are much more prevalent.
Reply to comment

Harrison Tradesman on Wednesday, February 10, 2016 9:48 AM
Hi there, it was actually a really incredible experience for me when I looked around your website. I hope you don't mind if I commend you on the excellent quality of the work you have done here and to wish you good luck with it as you develop from now on. It was a pleasure to browse your site and I shall definitely be stopping by again before long to find how you are doing. All the best and I shall see you here soon - Hunter Tradesman

ralph lauren polo on Monday, September 29, 2014 10:51 PM
Im not that much of a reader to be honest but your sites pretty good keep it up as I will bookmark ready for my next read
Reply to comment

skin care on Tuesday, September 30, 2014 10:18 AM
The importance of skin care cannot be underestimated. Did you know, for example, that the skin is the largest organ of the human body? Mostly we take our skin very much for granted and don't spend much time thinking about the skin's functions and their importance, until some problem occurs or we injure ourselves.
Reply to comment

dior bags on Monday, January 19, 2015 2:47 AM
Thanks for your time and to deal with that population.
Reply to comment

breitling watches on Monday, January 19, 2015 2:48 AM
I am animated that you have to aggregate this!
Reply to comment

london lane clinic on Saturday, April 11, 2015 7:42 AM
I hope this is very good product........
Reply to comment

samule on Sunday, October 25, 2015 6:44 AM
Very good writing and very useful to the users.
Reply to comment

bestskinbleachcream.com on Sunday, October 25, 2015 8:29 AM
Very great and i am glad that this is working for me.
Reply to comment

serena on Wednesday, July 20, 2016 10:26 AM
the work products done and suggestions u r giving are very useful.
Reply to comment

www.beautifulgirl.co.nz on Wednesday, April 26, 2017 1:41 AM
Makeup with better and interesting points I ever seen here with this blog for fantrastic treatment of my clients skin. Basically this my face looking like this with makeup tips and skin cares.
Reply to comment

resumesplanet on Friday, July 21, 2017 4:37 PM
Women want to look young in their old age also. By using latest techniques latest products have been introduced for skin. It seems that PowerDerm Microdermabraison perfect system for skin. Women can get rid from wrinkles and can get smooth and clean skin.
Reply to comment